Friday 29 July 2011

Finally, a PeerIndex lower than mine!

I've been following Jeff Schweitzer for a while now on the Huffington post, where he publishes articles fairly regularly. I have commented on a few of them,  resulting on more than one occasion in animated discussions. I think it's very much to his credit that he engages with his readers like that. His latest article is a pretty good one, marred only by a failure to consult with professional frog-boilers prior to publishing.

According to his very professional-looking website,

"Dr. Jeff Schweitzer is a marine biologist, consultant and internationally
recognized authority in ethics, conservation and development.
He is the
author of five books including Calorie Wars: Fat, Fact and Fiction (July 2011),
and A New Moral Code (2010). Dr. Schweitzer has spoken at numerous
international conferences in Asia, Russia, Europe and the United States."

 According to his huffpost bio he is also a former White House senior policy analyst. "Dr. Schweitzer served at the White House during the Clinton Administration as Assistant Director for International Affairs in the Office of Science and Technology Policy. Dr. Schweitzer was responsible for providing scientific and technological policy advice and analysis for Al Gore, President Clinton, and President Clinton's Science Advisor, and to coordinate the U.S. government's international science and technology cooperation."

He also has an active presence on twitter0, Facebook and Linkedin, being listed in the latter as Vice President at Regulatory Interlinx, Inc.

So I thought it was about time I started following him on twitter, and as I did so I noticed that his PeerIndex was zero, making him the only person I know of with a PeerIndex lower than mine. Visiting the actual PeerIndex site to check that this wasn't just due to some bug in the firefox extension that I use, I found out that  his activity, audience and authority are also all zero.

Suddenly the peerindex of 3 that I have now (and the zero that I had until recently) doesn't seem so bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment